Newly appointed technical adviser of the Ghana Senior national team, Chris' Hughton has opened up on what he's going to bring to the Black Stars of Ghana.

The former Newcastle United and Brighton and Hove Albion manager was appointed to provide technical advice to Ghana's three-man team for next month's 2022 FIFA World Cup play-off match against Nigeria, a tie that had been nicknamed 'THE JOLLOF DERBY'.

"Yes, and I have a lot of energy. I am going to be involved with Ghana. My father hailed from Ghana and Ghana have two World Cup play-off games against Nigeria."

"There is a coach but I have the title of technical advisor and my role will be to support the coach and the staff for these two games."

"But I am very much looking to get back and have a lot to offer," the former Norwich City gaffer added.

The Black Stars will take on the Super Eagles at the Cape Coast stadium on March 25 before travelling to Nigeria for the 2nd leg at the Moshood Abiola National Stadium in Abuja on Tuesday, March 29, 2022.

Hughton's last Premier League job came at the helm of Brighton & Hove Albion, a club he led to the English top-flight in 2017.


This post is ad-supported