[New post] Another UFC Fighter Misses Weight Looking Ill on the Scales. Will Regulators Act?
EMagraken posted: " In 2014 I started keeping a list of fighters that were injured (and even died) from rapid extreme weight cuts. In 2016 I stood up before the entire ABC convention in Las Vegas and read North American regulators the list so they cannot feign ignorance."
Today Ladd failed to make 135 again. This time in Nevada. She looked in dangerous shape on the scales.
Aspen Ladd almost fainted when trying to stand on her feet and raise both hands on the scale. (She weighed in at 137). Commission is now checking her condition and if she's able to fight tomorrow. #UFCVegas38pic.twitter.com/ycHF3HkPeE
Nevada requires a physician to provide "each unarmed combatant a thorough physical examination at the time of his or her weighing in before a contest or exhibition."
Will a physician clear her for cage fighting tomorrow? Only time will tell.
Will anything change before someone drops dead on the scales? I'm not holding my breath.
No comments:
Post a Comment